I don’t know about you, but I LOVE pancakes. However, I keep running into two major problems.
- All the pancake mixes I find seem to be in boxes…in plastic bags within them
- Eggs and milk are often used
And as easy as it is to just replace the dairy and eggs in the pancakes, I’d rather just have a recipe that didn’t call for them at all. Not to mention, having a pancake mix free of plastic and cardboard waste would be RAD.
So, here you are! I’ve come up with a base recipe that you can add ingredients to (such as blueberries) for yourself!
Zero Waste Vegan Pancakes
- 1 cup + 2 TBLS non-dairy milk
- 1 Cup Flour
- 2 tsp agave* optional for a sweeter pancake
- 1 large over-ripe banana (almost fully black in color)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 TBLS organic canola oil
- Coconut oil to cook with
- Smash banana into a thick paste and add agave (if using), non-dairy milk, and vanilla. Mix well
- Add flour and mix
- Add 1/2 C of the mix-in of your choice (chocolate chips, fruit, nuts)
- Heat pan over medium heat and add a bit of coconut oil.
- Cook the pancakes on one side till you can see a golden brown outline around the edges then flip once and cook the other side through
- Serve and enjoy!