Probably one of the easiest “recipes” (if you can even call it that) is to make roasted root veggies as a breakfast hash.
It ends up being a very satisfying and filling brunch meal. Usually, I will just toss any root veggies I have on hand in, but I always include russet potatoes and red onions. The onions caramalize in the oven giving this savory dish a nice sweet finish without adding any sweeteners.
To me, this is lick-your-lips good and hopefully you’ll agree!
Root Vegetable Hash
Preheat Oven: 375F
- 1-2 russet potatoes
- 1 large carrot
- 2 medium parsnips
- 1 sweet potato
- 1/2 red onion
- 3 TBLS High Temp Cooking Oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 TBLS dried thyme (or 1 1/2 TBLS if no fresh thyme is available)
- 1/2 Tsp garlic powder
- Preheat your oven to 375F and grease a baking pan with oil
- Chop all veggies into very small cubes including half the onion then toss into a large bowl
- Heat the oil up on medium and pour over veggies
- Add spices and herbs then spread out one layer thick on baking sheet
- Bake for 30 mins, stirring/flipping vegetables around at the 15 min mark
- Let cool and serve in your favorite dish!