Okay, I won’t bore you with the details of my life because these wings are the BOMB. Seriously. And they can be made without purchasing anything out of the ordinary. I’ve seen many recipes for these on Pinterest, but none of them seemed to capture that smokiness and subtle sweetness in the batter. And then BAM! Today, I got hungry and made my own! Here you go!
1 Head of Cauliflower
2 1/2 Tsp garlic powder
2 1/2 Tsp Paprika
1 TBLSP chili powder
1 C flour (+more to thicken)
3/4 unsweetened soy milk (or other non-dairy milk
- Break the cauliflower apart into smaller florets.
- Cut any large florets into smaller bite sized pieces
- Combine flour and milk with whisk until thickened. Adding more milk or flour to get a brownie-batter type thickness
- Add spices and whisk some more
- Dip the florets into the batter, fully coat, and shake off excess
- Lay the florets on a greased baking sheet (use any oil you would like to grease it
- Bake for 20 mins or until golden brown
- Take out and coat in your favorite BBQ sauce (or any other sauce of your choosing) with a brush
- Put back in oven for 10 mins to glaze the sauce on
- Take out and brush on one final coat of your sauce!